Mesa, AZ 85213
Picking the Right Real Estate Agent
In order to find the right home, picking the right real estate agent is important. Every agent has unique strengths and capacities. Every prospective home buyer has unique objectives and preferences. Here are some tips to help you find the right real estate agent for your needs.
- Ask recent clients. Talking with recent clients can give you an idea of how the agent deals with customers and how satisfied they were. Start by asking the agent to provide a list of clients they have worked with recently. You may also want to ask if anyone was particularly pleased or disappointed that you may contact.
- Check awards. Awards that are given out by reputable real estate organizations are a good sign. Check which awards, if any, that your potential agent has won. It may be a good idea to verify that an award or recognition is legitimate, and what the agent did to receive it.
- Look at credentials. Real estate agents can get additional training and specialize in certain areas. Look for designations after the agent’s name such as:
- CRS – Certified Residential Specialist, or someone who has completed training in handling residential properties.
- ABR – Accredited Buyer’s Representative, which means someone who has training in representing buyers in a transaction.
- SRES – Seniors Real Estate Specialist, means an agent who has additional training in helping those who are over 50.
- Ask how long the agent has been in business. You can simply ask the agent, or you can check with your local state licensing authority. Just because an agent hasn’t been licensed long does not necessary mean that he or she isn’t going to be the right agent for you; but there is something to be said about extensive experience in the area and price range you are interested in.
- Look at the current listings. A reputable agent should have a website that you can visit, and he or she will have listings on their site. Since most buyers will start their home search on the Internet, it’s important to find an agent who uses the Internet effectively as well. Check to see how closely their listings match the properties you are looking at. Are they in the same prince range? In the same area? Having an agent who is in the market for exactly what you are looking for will help your search.
- Ask someone you trust. There is nothing more helpful in your search for the right agent than a solid recommendation from someone you know and trust. Agents will generally provide better service if they know they have been referred by someone they know. Feel free to contact one of the real estate Attorneys at Gunderson, Denton & Peterson if you need a good referral.
Picking the right real estate agent to help you find your home is almost as important as picking the right home itself. You want to find someone who has experience with the type of property you are in the market for, and someone who also has rave reviews from both clients and colleagues. Remember, you don’t have to pick the first agent you come across, do some research and ask around so you can make an informed decision on the best realtor for your needs.
1930 N. Arboleda, Suite 201
Mesa, Arizona 85213
40 N. Central Avenue, Suite 1400-1532
Phoenix, AZ 85004
Mesa, AZ 85213