Mesa, AZ 85213
Benefits of Owning a Home-Based Franchise
What could possibly be better than owning your own franchise?
For many aspiring entrepreneurs out there, the answer is owning your own home-based franchise. A franchise that you run from home has the same benefits as a traditional franchise: you get to be your own boss with the added support of the franchisor to support your business.
However, a home-based franchise has the additional benefit of allowing you to work from your home. Listed below are more benefits of a home-based franchise and some examples of home-based franchises that could be perfect for you.
Running an at-home franchise has some benefits that no other business can offer.
- You will be in charge of your own finances.
- You will not have to start your business from the bottom. A franchise offers a ready-made business plan.
- Your business will come with a proven plan that works.
- You will get the support of your franchisor, along with full training.
- You will get to run your business, while still spending time with your family. Most start-up businesses will take up a ton of your time when you are trying to get it up and running.
- Since you will be working from home, you will be able to save money on a brick and mortar location, travel expense to and from work, utilities…
Types of Home-Based Franchises
There are many different types of franchises you could choose to operate. Here are just a handful of home-based ones that be a good fit for you.
- Retail. As a seller, you could cater to consumers or other businesses. Some businesses sell products from a portable kiosk, but there are others that operate via the Internet or mail order. Inventory for these types of retail businesses are usually stored in a local warehouse, or at the headquarters where online orders can be shipped from.
- Service. Many service-based businesses can be effectively run from your home. These include businesses like home cleaning, lawn care, pest spraying or handyman services. You may serve either commercial or residential customers, or both. You could also have technicians working for you who go out in the field while you stay at your home to take care of the marketing, customer service and billing.
- Consulting. A consulting business works well as an in-home business since most of your work can be done over the phone or Internet. Reliable Internet service, a dedicated phone and a quiet place in your home are a must. For face to face meeting, you can rent out a small office for a more professional feel, but still spend most of your work time at home.
- Education. Some businesses focus on education and tutoring. You would be commuting to school or local centers to teach classes, but you would be able to do your marketing and bookkeeping from home.
If you are considering buying a franchise but cringe at the thought of the time commitment and the start-up costs it will take, then a home-based franchise could be the perfect opportunity for you.
If you are ready to take the plunge and need legal counseling from a Mesa franchise lawyer before your big investment, contact Gunderson, Denton and Peterson, PC for help.
Written By Brad Denton
1930 N. Arboleda, Suite 201
Mesa, Arizona 85213
40 N. Central Avenue, Suite 1400-1532
Phoenix, AZ 85004
Mesa, AZ 85213