1930 N Arboleda #201, Mesa, AZ 85213
Arizona Attorneys, With Law Offices In Mesa

Immigration Testimonial

I would like to take this time to let you know that today I had my interview for citizenship. All went well, it took 15 minutes and I was nervous the whole time. Now all I have to do is wait for the ceremony notice. None of this would have been possible if it were not for your help. I have started my own construction company, this will open many more opportunities. Thanks once again!
Jose S, 1/27/2012
Read More Reviews
  • 1930 North Arboleda, Suite 201
    Mesa, AZ 85213
    40 N. Central Avenue, Suite 1400
    Phoenix, AZ 85004
    • Best way to reply

    • Gunderson, Denton And Peterson Office Locations

      View View Gunderson, Denton And Peterson Locations in a larger map

      Law with GDP

      Gunderson, Denton & Peterson has split to focus on our respective areas of practice. For Estate and Immigration law, please call Gunderson Law Group at (480) 210-8147. For Business & Litigation, please call Denton Peterson at 480-325-9900

      Phoenix Immigration Services

      Finding Solutions with a Phoenix Immigration Attorney

      The process to become a U.S. citizen or legal resident includes navigating through a complex legal system and complying with precise requirements. Most people do not have the knowledge or skills to complete the necessary steps on their own. These people can gain a serious advantage in the process to become a U.S. citizen or legal resident by retaining the services of a Phoenix immigration attorney. Having legal representation by your side as you complete the requirements for residency and citizenship can make this process easier and ensure a successful outcome.

      The Advantages of Having a Phoenix Immigration Attorney

      In fact, we help our clients to avoid pitfalls and other challenges that immigrants often face. People who are new to the country might not know how to obtain a visa or other documents that allow them to stay in the country legally. Sometimes they unknowingly stay longer in the country than the amount of time they are allowed to by law. We can assist people in renewing their paperwork, which in turn allows them to remain in the country while they apply for residency.

      Gunderson Denton & Peterson can help with your immigration needsAs an immigration attorney, we take very seriously our duty to remain informed on immigration law, as it is changed and amended regularly. Most people are not knowledgeable about the intricacies of the laws that govern immigration and citizenship. As we represent our clients, we make sure that they stay within the bounds of these laws and apply for residency or citizenship as they should.

      If an application is denied, we remain committed to finding a suitable solution. We can help clients with the filing of appeal or other follow-up action and represent them during the subsequent proceedings. With our expertise, we can keep their application active, allowing them to stay in the country as they continue to seek a favorable resolution.

      As they navigate the details of immigration law, people can benefit by retaining legal representation. Among other things, we assist our clients with the following:

      • Filing the necessary paperwork for visas.
      • Providing counseling relating to immigration and citizenship process and application.
      • Providing assistance with appeals and related proceedings.

      Many of our clients also need access to other resources, such as language classes or employment referrals. As their lawyers, we know where to find these resources and can guide our clients as they learn English, find a job, and establish themselves as successful contributors to society.
      Please call our office at 480-655-7440 to learn more about how we can help with your needs.

      Q: I have a friend who came into the country in 2004 into the US with someone else’s passport

      The person took their passport back, now he’s out of status and he’s now met a lady who’s american citizen they both want to get married. Can he adjust his status? He now has a blank passport with no visa. Would this be a problem for him when adjusting his status or what document does he need to prove? Please advice on his behalf.

      A: Your friend has three big problems.

      First, because he used fraud to enter the US, there is a good chance USCIS will say this was not a “lawful admission” and without a lawful admission, he is not eligible for adjustment of status. There may be room to argue that point, but not without research and analysis of many more factors than are available from your description.

      Second, if he is not eligible for adjustment of status, he would have to leave the U.S. and process an immigrant visa at a US consulate. Because he has been ‘unlawfully present’ in the U.S. for more than 1 year, leaving the U.S. now will cause him to become inadmissible to the U.S. for 10 years. To come back sooner than that, he will need to seek a waiver of unlawful presence, by demonstrating extreme hardship to a qualified relative.

      Third, because he used someone else’s passport to enter the U.S., he is already inadmissible due to fraud. He will not be able to adjust status or obtain an immigrant visa at a consulate, unless he seeks and is granted a waiver for his fraud.

      Each of these three issues are complex and turn on many different factors. Succeeding in any of them will be difficult. If he does not have expert legal counsel, his chances of obtaining lawful status in the U.S. will not be very good! He definitely needs the help of an experienced immigration attorney.

      * This answer does not constitute legal advice. I am admitted in the State of Arizona only. This advice is based on general principles of law that may or may not relate to your specific situation. Facts and laws change and these possible changes will affect the advice provided here. You should not rely on this advice alone, and nothing in these communications creates an attorney-client relationship.

      Re-posted from AVVO Legal Questions & Answers.

      Gunderson, Denton & Peterson, P.C. – Phoenix Office
      40 N Central Ave #1400
      Phoenix, AZ 85004
      Office: 480-325-9937
      Office Hours: Mon-Fri 8:30-5
      Lawyers for estate planning and immigration in Mesa, Arizona

      Our Immigration

    • Mesa Arizona Attorney For immigration, estate planning and business law
      attorney for employment immigration and family immigration law
      Hubert Dampt, franchise paralegal at Gunderson, Denton And PetersonDebbie Mitchell, estate planning paralegal at Gunderson Denton
    • GDP Immigration Blog

      Breaking News: It May be Possible to Escape Immigration Backlogs

      How Can An Education Program In The US Help Me Get A Work Visa Following Graduation?

      Mark Egan Participates in Immigration Special Event

      Immigration Executive Action: What We Know Following Pres. Obama’s Announcement on November 20, 2014

      Border Crisis: Children Caught in the Middle – Part 2

      How Might a DUI and Other Crimes Affect your Immigration Situation?

      Border Crisis: Children Caught in the Middle

      How Might a DUI and Other Crimes Affect your Immigration Situation?

      Legal Rights Associated with a Work Visa

      How Big a Problem is Immigration?

      I adopted my brother in Mexico 10 years ago, after my parents could no longer take care of him. We are living in the United States now. How can I get him a green card?

      The Process of Naturalization

      What are the requirements to become a US citizen?

      As a small business owner in Arizona, what should I know about immigration law?

      DOMA and Immigration – the Green Light for Green Cards

      How the Immigration Policy May Affect the Budget

      Obama Pushing to Expedite Immigration Reform

      The EB5 Visa for Immigrant Investors

      President Obama’s State of the Union Address: Now is the Time for Immigration Reform

      Can I Help My Family Member Become a Legal Resident?

      Investors Visa: What is an EB-5 visa?

      Foreign Governments Open Doors for Skilled Foreign Workers; Should the U.S. do the same (Higher Education and Worker Visas)?

      Two Plans For Immigration Reform: What Do They Propose?

      Supreme Court Ruling on Arizona’s SB1070 and the Potential Effects on Arizona Residents

      Application for Naturalization

      How the “U Visa” Can Help Protect Victims of Crimes

      • Get Linkedin Mesa Arizona Lawyer
      • Legal counselors Facebook
      • Mesa Arizona Lawyer Twitter Account
      • law feed, legal advice, blogs and more
    • Additional Immigration Resources

      USCIS - Change Of Address

      USCIS - Check Case Status

      USCIS - Visa Bulletin

      USCIS - Processing Times

      USCIS - Civil surgeons List

      USCIS - Schedule InfoPass Appointment

      US Department Of Labor

      US Department Of State

      Treaty Country List

      Mesa Arizona Attorneys And Lawyers contact@gundersondenton.com
      1930 N Arboleda #201
      Mesa, AZ 85213
      Phone: 480-655-7440

      Office Hours

      Monday-Friday 8am-5pm

      Skilled Professionals. Personal Service. Exceptional Results.
      Privacy Policy
      Design By Mesa Web Designer MFWD